Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Resolution

1Peter 2:21  For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:


I received Jesus Christ as savior from my sins one year ago. (January 3rd) I have been saved. Hallelujah! Praise the LORD! 

The more knowledge I have of Christ, the deeper understanding I have. I know that God wants us to be Christlike. (1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.) To do this I had to increase my education and understanding. This knowledge has greatly impacted me and convicted me of the need to obey what I have learned. 

My knowledge of God grows by reading the Bible daily, studying it, and being obedient to what it says. I feel that continuing on with this practice and with prayer and fasting, I will continue growing in Him. 

2Peter 3:17-18: "Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen." These verses tell that growing in knowledge of Christ will also protect us from faith falsehoods and errors. 

A result of knowing and obeying God is that He becomes greater and greater, while we become less and less, as we surrender control of our life to Him. Just the same, John the Baptist knew that. “[Jesus] must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30).

Jesus is the living Word (John 1:1), and the Bible is God's written Word. Therefore, complying to the Word of God is conforming to Christ. God wants us to not be concerned about the earthly pleasures of this world and to be obedient to His Word. Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

My New Years resolution is to be more Christ-like. 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment