Sunday, September 29, 2013

Read the Bible in 90 days


I have challenged myself to read the Bible in 90 days. I thought about the "read the Bible in a year," route, but decided to get it done in 90 days. I may be wrong, but I am thinking I will do more "studying," after the 90 days. That is, once I have at least read through the Bible, then I can go back and do more in depth studying. I will keep notes and questions as I go through this first reading, so that I can return to them when I have more time.  I am guessing this will take an hour a day. ?? We'll see. This is not intended to be a "Bible Study," they say, but is a "reading curriculum." I hope I don't get side tracked (and go to researching and studying) before I finish reading once through.

I bought this "challenge kit."  I do not like that they use the NIV, and that they even admit they modified it! Really? Why?  A modified Bible version?   I feel like their website attempts to pressure you into using (purchasing) their "modified" version, too. I read about this in someone's blog. It linked to  here .  I will be using my King James version.  Here is some of their information....

The Bible in 90 Days Bible


Who needs this Bible:
Each participant in The Bible in 90 Days program, or anyone who wants to read the Bible from cover to cover.
We selected this Bible for the curriculum and worked with Zondervan to modify it  because it is a very good reading Bible. Its benefits include:
  • NIV translation (very readable; contemporary language, yet a rigorous translation)
  • Large print
  • Minimum number of footnotes
  • Thin and portable
  • Start and end markers for each day’s reading
  • Read just 12 pages a day to finish entire Bible in 90 days
 This Bible is strongly recommended for anyone who desires to successfully read the Bible from cover to cover in 90 days. Even if you already own a Bible, this Bible is the one you need for this reading and will greatly increase your chances for success. Here is why.

What is The Bible in 90 Days?

The Bible in 90 Days is a Bible reading curriculum which helps people read attentively the entire Bible — from cover to cover — in 90 days. Churches across denominations, prisons, drug rehabilitation missions, corporate Bible studies and neighborhood small groups have all used the curriculum successfully to help people read the entire Bible. Small towns have even  invited their citizens to do this curriculum. Groups have ranged from 2 people to 1,000 people spanning 49 states and 20 countries.
Online communities have also used a modified version of the curriculum by integrating blog posts, email groups, Facebook groups,  Twitter chats and the #B90Days Twitter stream to encourage thousands to read the entire Bible together in just 90 days.

What ISN’T The Bible in 90 Days?

1. The Bible in 90 Days is NOT a speed-read through the Bible. Rather, it’s akin to reading the Bible like a novel.
2. It is NOT a Bible study.

How did the Bible in 90 Days begin?

The Bible in 90 Days program was developed by Ted Cooper in Houston, Texas, when, after being happily agnostic for 43 years, Ted decided to read the entire Bible, cover to cover. His life was forever changed by that experience, just as tens of thousands of lives have been changed by that decision and what came from it.
Click to read more about the History of Bible in 90 Days in Ted Cooper’s words.

So, there you have it. That is the information I have, and this is my plan. Keep me in your prayers, please.  http://www.cathinfo.com/skins/default/emoticons/pray.gif
I ordered a "used" challenge kit from Amazon for only $35. that is suppose to be in very good condition. I hope to get it in the mail in a few days. In the mean time, I plan to begin with Genesis on October 1st.  I think I am also going to use my King James Bible on CD and follow along.

King James Bible on CD by Alexander Scourby (Voice Only)


The bookmark I can print out and use to check off my progress.....    (bible)





 (rdg2)         http://kathylambertdesigns.webs.com/kathy-blog-signature.jpg








                                                                                          

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment